Our vision is to bring beauty and wellbeing to millions through our products.
At Oriflame, we are committed to creating responsibly-made products that bring more wellbeing into the lives of our customers. Finding inspiration in nature and respecting the environment are key to our philosophy. We are constantly striving to make our products, processes and packaging more ethical, sustainable and safe throughout their lifecycle. Below are a few highlights of our achievements so far.
- We launched Ecobeauty in 2011 – the world’s first cross category cosmetics range approved by four leading independent organisations – Fairtrade, Ecocert, The Vegan Society and the Forest Stewardship Council.
- Ecobeauty has won numerous awards for its sustainability approach, including the prestigious 2014 Eco Beauty Awards organised by Cosmetic Executive Women.
- We measure and report on our palm oil use and were one of the first companies to commit to purchasing 100% of our volume usage sustainably though GreenPalm credits.
- In 2012, we also launched the world’s first foaming product containing RSPO-certified segregated sustainable palm oil .
- In 2015, 10% of palm oil used was mass balance certified palm oil, and the remaining share was covered by GreenPalm credits.
- In 2015, we successfully carried out a trial run of biopolymer-based packaging in our Love nature range – a plant-based alternative to petroleum.
- Our environmental scientists review every single ingredient’s sustainability profile, assessing how natural, ethical and environmentally responsible it is.
- We have reduced the use of petroleum as an ingredient in our product formulations by 80% since 2009, replacing it with plant-derived alternatives.
- We apply a thorough safety evaluation process and have certificates of safety for 100% of our 1,000+ cosmetic products.
- We are removing plastic microbeads from our formulations; all new product developments use exfoliants from natural origin. Indeed, all new products launched in 2015 contained natural origin exfoliants.
We want our products to make an even greater positive impact in the markets where we operate, and are concentrating our efforts on the following three key areas:
1. Integrating innovation and sustainability into product development
Innovation is an intrinsic part of our product development. We actively research ingredients, technologies and ideas that will drive fresh thinking and deliver sustainable solutions.
We are also excited about the lessons we can learn from sustainability innovations. For example, we trialled post consumer recycled (PCR) plastics in our Ecobeauty packaging and, since then, have rolled this material out across many other lines.
2. Focusing on product ingredients and safety
The safety and wellbeing of our consumers is absolutely crucial – we believe in a world that is as safe as it is sustainable.
3. Marketing products that meet high social and ethical standards
Attention to responsible product development is not new to us. We continue to stand by our commitment to animal welfare and other core ethical practices