To our Beauty Community around the world,
For us at Oriflame, the health and safety of our people, employees, consultants and customers, are the highest priority.
The whole world is experiencing challenging times now. We have joined in the global effort to prevent the COVID-19 virus from spreading. We follow rigorously all governmental and health authorities’ instructions. We have issued global company rules and inform our people constantly on the updates. And we more than ever apply the values and principles of our Oriflame culture, as it is our culture that makes us strong and keeps us united in hard times.
We want all of you to be safe, do the best you can to prevent the spread, keep yourselves informed, protect yourselves and each other, take the hygiene to the next level. We still don't know how long the situation will stay and what it will evolve to. We keep monitoring the development.
I would like to share with you what we are currently doing in order to keep our people: employees, consultants and consumers, safe and cared of:
- We have cancelled international travel.
- We have postponed or cancelled many of our international meetings and we follow the local governmental recommendations for local events.
- We have implemented home office for the majority of our employees. We are not allowing any external visitors to the offices and ask people to stay at home if feeling sick or have flu- or cold symptoms. We have increased the preventive measures as increased cleaning and obligatory sanitizing of surfaces.
- All our Finished Good Factories are audited by our internal Oriflame Global Quality team, guaranteeing product safety and compliance with applicable regulations and internal standards.
- All Oriflame factories comply with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP) standards, which ensures that processes are always properly designed, monitored and controlled. Good Manufacturing Practices practice a controlled environment with a focus on hygiene measures and preventing that products would be contaminated in any way.
- As required by regulation and our strict internal standards, all sensitive products are subject to microbiological tests to ensure they are safe for use by our consumers.
- We understand the increased demand for our personal care and wellness products and we are doing our best to meet the demand.
On behalf of Oriflame and also as a Chair of WFDSA, I would also like to remind all our Consultants that in these turbulent times it is very important that you, as our brand partners, are delivering only accurate, substantiated and factual information about our products, without exaggeration and overpromises. We will not permit this tragic crisis to be inappropriately exploited. This would never be tolerable, and more so now when there is so much at stake.
With the emergence of the coronavirus, many of us are worried and have to practice social distancing to prevent it from spreading. It’s important to take this seriously to keep the risk groups safe. But social distancing doesn’t have to bring us further apart, we can let it bring us closer together!
Even if we can’t meet in person, we can take this as an opportunity to help each other in any way we can. We can help by checking in on our friends, family and networks through calls and video chats, providing reassurance and encouragement. We can help each other by sharing our best tips and tricks for digital selling, or simply by washing our hands and staying home when we’re sick. Because it is by helping each other and working together that we get through the hard times, stay connected and come out stronger together on the other side!
Please stay safe.