29 January 2020
1 What is this Privacy Notice?
We are committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information and this privacy notice describes how we collect and use your personal information during the recruitment process. References in this notice to you and your shall mean you if you are applying for a role at Oriflame. This notice shall not form part of any employment contract which you may enter into with us.
2 Who are we?
Oriflame Cosmetics AB, (Oriflame, we, us, our) is a "data controller" which means that we are responsible for deciding how and why we hold and use personal information about you. Our registered office address is P.O. Box 1095, SE-101 39 Stockholm, Sweden, Mäster Samuelsgatan 56.
3 How do we collect your personal information?
We will collect your personal information in the following different ways:
- directly from you, when you send us your CV or cover letter, or when you otherwise apply for a job with us (either in response to an advertisement or speculatively);
- from recruitment platforms such as LinkedIn;
- from an employment agency where you have authorised that agency to share your personal information with us in connection with a role at Oriflame;
- your referee(s) (including former employers where relevant);
- from any references provided to us from your current or previous employers, or other third party organisations;
- from publicly available sources;
- from third parties that operate the psychometric tests that we use to evaluate your skills and suitability for a role; and
- a background check provider.
4 What kinds of personal information do we collect from you?
We will collect various categories of personal information during the different stages of the recruitment process.
Up to and including the stage which we shortlist candidates we will collect contact and identification information including: your full name; title; gender; date of birth; email address; home address; phone number and photograph (if included on your CV).
We will also collect recruitment information about: your qualifications; experience; employment history (including job title, current salary and working hours) and interests; details of your referees and any other information contained within your CV or cover letter or gathered as part of the recruitment process, for example, information that you choose to tell us during your interview process.
After the shortlisting stage, and before making a final decision on whether or not to recruit you, we may collect: identification information (including a copy of driving licence, passport and utility bills); details of your nationality and immigration status; information about your previous academic and/or employment history; information regarding your academic and professional qualifications; information regarding your performance in respect of any psychometric testing and information contained in any third party references provided to us about you.
Where appropriate and in accordance with local laws and requirements, we may also collect additional information, such as information related to your health, diversity information or details of any criminal convictions.
5 How do we use your personal information and what is our legal basis?
We will only use your personal information for the purposes for which we originally collected it and when we have a lawful basis on which to do so:
(a) To assess your suitability for a role at Oriflame where you have consented to the provision of this personal information.
(b) To communicate with you about the recruitment process where it is in our legitimate interests as an employer.
(c) To comply with a legal obligation to which we are subject (e.g. our obligation to check that you are eligible to work in a certain country).
(d) For the purposes of our legitimate interests, but only if these are not overridden by your interests, rights or freedoms.
You have no obligation to give consent and if you do give consent you may withdraw it any time by contacting us using the details located at section 11 of this notice. If you do withdraw consent please be advised that we will have to stop processing your recruitment application.
The data protection laws place a higher level of protection on personal information which is deemed to be particularly sensitive. In general, we will not actively ask you for any sensitive information unless it requires to be collected for legal reasons. If we do receive sensitive information such as health-related data during the recruitment process, we will use it solely to make any necessary adjustments at an interview or as otherwise authorised under law.
6 Who do we share your personal information with?
We will share your personal information with any member of the Oriflame Cosmetics group and other companies which may be added to our group from time to time to the extent such sharing is necessary for our internal administration and reporting purposes.
We will share your personal information with third parties, including third-party service providers (and their designated agents) where required by law; where it is necessary to administer the recruitment process; to allow us to enter into an employment relationship with you; or where we or the third party has a legitimate interest and it is fair and reasonable in the circumstances to share the information.
We may share your personal information for these purposes with:
- HR and recruitment consultants, and other relevant professional advisers;
- third party suppliers that provide recruitment tools and services to us;
- external background check providers; and
- providers of psychometric testing.
Where possible, your personal information will be anonymised. We require third parties to respect the security of your personal information and to treat it in accordance with the law.
We may also share your personal information in the event that our business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party.
7 Will we transfer your personal information outside of the European Union?
In normal circumstances, we will not transfer your personal information outside of the European Economic Area (EEA), however, for certain roles (for example roles with global responsibilities), we may need to transfer your personal information to countries which may not have data protection laws providing the same level of protection as those in the EEA. We shall ensure that any such transfers are lawful and backed by strong contractual undertakings approved by the relevant regulators and that your personal information is always kept secure. If you would like further information about the protective measures in place, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.
8 How long will we keep your personal information for?
The personal information you submit will be retained in the candidate database for a period of 12 months after the recruitment process for that position has been completed, or if you agreed to consider you for the future positions but no longer than for a period of 36 months unless you have logged in to your candidate account (e.g. enter and apply to another job, update your CV/Resume). Recruiters at Oriflame and affiliated companies worldwide will be able to access your Information and may contact you should a suitable opening arise.
9 What are your privacy rights?
By law you have the right to:
- Access a copy of your personal information.
- Rectification of your personal information that we process about you (e.g. you may ask us to complete any inaccurate information we hold about you).
- Erasure of your personal information (e.g. you may ask us to delete personal information we hold about you).
- Object to processing of your personal information pursuant to this notice.
- Restriction of processing of your personal information (e.g. you may ask us to restrict the personal information we use about you).
- Portability of your personal information (e.g. you may ask us to provide you with the personal information that we hold about you).
- Withdraw consent if you have given us consent to use your personal information, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
- Make a complaint to the data protection supervisory authority in your country. For a full list of supervisory authorities, please visit http://ec.europa.eu.
If you want to exercise any of your rights in respect of your personal information, please contact us using the details located at section 11 of this notice.
10 Changes to this privacy notice
We reserve the right to update this privacy notice at any time and will always provide you with the most up-to-date version when we collect your personal information.
11 Contact us
If you have any questions about this privacy notice or how we handle your personal information, please email our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.