We are committed to reducing the impact of our business
We have a bold ambition: to make our business environmentally sustainable. To reach this goal, we launched a new environmental strategy in 2010, which we updated in 2014. The strategy, and its accompanying actions, is built on both a thorough understanding of our impact and a long held business-wide commitment to the principles of sustainability. Below are a few highlights of our achievements so far.
- In 2015, 98% of our catalogue paper came from credibly certified forests.
- In 2015, the Noginsk production site in Russia received Silver certification using the LEED® for New Construction rating system. In addition Oriflame's new Wellness facility in Roorkee, India received Gold certification under the LEED® for New Construction rating system.
- We stopped more than 90% of our manufacturing waste from going to landfill in 2015.
- Since 2010, we have cut our carbon dioxide emissions by 31%. In 2015 they decreased by 6% comparing to 2014.
- Oriflame reached a score of 99B in the CDP 2015 climate change evaluation - an international recognition for our actions to reduce carbon emissions and mitigate the business risks of climate change.
- In 2013, WWF gave us 11 out 12 on their Palm oil Scorecard, placing us among the best in our industry.
- We undertook a comprehensive water impact study in 2013 and are working to reduce impact focusing mainly on emissions to water from our products.
We are proud of these achievements but we recognise we still have a long way to go. To ultimately reach our goal of business-wide environmental sustainability we need to:
- Source only renewable or recycled materials
- Ensure no emissions to water and no negative impact on water availability
- Achieve neutral or net positive carbon emissions
- Send no waste to landfill
- Develop sites and operations with no negative impact.
Continuous focus on impact
We have made commitments under each of these five areas.
To sustain progress, most of these commitments focus on taking action where our business makes the biggest impact, and where we can influence real change. As our journey continues, we will increase the number and reach of these commitments to further reduce our impact across our value chain.